Saturday, November 13, 2010

Too much "Want" for my "Can"

There are so many things that I want to do.

I want to make healthy and nutritious meals for my children. 
I want to clean the toilets in my house every week.
I want to create beautiful scrapbooks that commemorate the important moments in our lives.
I want to listen to my love about his struggles at work.
I want to be an attentive partner and friend to my husband.
I want to pull my own weight in our family.

I want to offer and make a thoughtful dinner for the co-worker's family who was diagnosed with breast cancer.
I want to be at the finish line of my cousins marathon to let her know how much I support her.
I want to run 4 miles with my sister-in-law so that she knows that we are "in this together."

I want to turn my lesson plans in on time, or at all.
I want to grade my student's work and return it to them in a timely manner.
I want to make an impact on each life that comes into my classroom.

I want to write a novel.
I want to make photo montage videos for people as requested.
I want to stop being a procrastinator.

I want to create a chore list for our family.
I want to train for a half-marathon.
I want to add songs to my running playlist.

I want to be a better mother.
I want to be a better wife.
I want to be a better daughter, sister, teacher, friend.

But.

All I CAN do is just

do the best that I CAN. 

3 comments:

  1. None of us can be all things to all people. Only generous people care that they are not. Keep being the best that you can and be proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the truth, but it's so awfully hard to just let ourselves do that. We need clones, don't we?

    Following back and so happy to be doing it!

    ReplyDelete