Monday, May 2, 2011

McFatty Monday - HOLY SHIT Edition

This morning my alarm went off waking me from a wonderful dream.  In that dream I was healthy and fit - long and lean - and running.  Running like the wind.  It was amazing.  But it was only a dream. 

Here in the real world, there is no running being done by this McFatty.  Except if you count running to the bathroom to pee every 17 minutes. 

I have been avoiding the scale like the Bubonic Plague but knowing that this afternoon the mid-wife would force me on it I figured I should prepare myself.  But nothing, NOTHING....could have prepared me for the number that answered back. 

HOLY SHIT.

I weigh what I weighed the day I delivered my now 3-year old daughter.  And I am only 17 weeks pregnant.  Not cool.

And...its not pregnancy weight.  Its not water weight.  It's just big, fat Ben & Jerry weight.  And it's not okay.

So.  Today I wrote down my caloric intake.  Later today I am going to talk a walk.  Tonight I am going to fight all the urges to eat, well...anything after 7pm.  And tomorrow. 

Tomorrow is another day.

Game Plan:

Eat less.

Move more.

Drink water.

Maintain weight until Baby #4 makes his/her debut...

I think I can...I think I can....I think I can...I think I can...I think I can....I think I can...I think I can...I think I can....I think I can...I think I can...I think I can....I think I can...I think I can...I think I can....I think I can...I think I can...I think I can....I think I can...I think I can...I think I can....I think I can...I think I can...I think I can.

4 comments:

  1. I can't imagine fighting the weight fight while pregnant. I have a hard enough time doing it without ever having kids. Good luck, and remember it's OK to gain some weight, your baby needs it. I just know the minute I start refusing myself anything I get thrown into a binge/shame spiral worse than if I'd just let myself have the few treats here and there that I originally wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the fight is the same whether prego or not...it's just that I have this "excuse" to eat - and it's BAAAAD - I have to limit myself to 20 peanut butter eggs a day:) ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't beat yourself up too much. You're on baby #4! That body of yours deserves a few peanut butter eggs. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks chica...I switched it up and had a Coconut Egg last night...Coconut is a fruit, right?

    ReplyDelete