Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Too Much Time on My Hands

It's 4:40 AM and I am faced with a dilemma, rearrange the family room OR attempt to snag the fragments of thoughts floating in my head and weave them into a legitimate blog post.

I'll likely do both. Simultaneously.

I will begin to dismantle the living room at which point Mini-Monkey will wander down the steps and request "cereal with no frozen blueberries, no frozen  blueberries, NO FROZEN BLUEBERRIES, do you hear what I'm saying?!?!?"  Yes, Mini-Monkey, I hear you.

I'll brew myself a 2nd cup of coffee as I prepare the breakfast of three-year old champions and answer four hundred million questions, including "How do these rings come off?" Referring to my wedding rings.  I'll answer her, "They don't.  You see Mini-Monkey, when a man and a woman fall in love and get married, sometimes the man will knock-up the woman four times and her swollen sausage fingers that trap her wedding rings will be just one of many reminders that they are connected FOR LIFE."

Monster-Monkey will appear and will ask in his husky voice, "Can you please write Diary of a Wimpy Kid on my Book-It report?  You know the one that Daddy had to make because Mini-Monkey drew all over it with pen?"  Got it.

I'll return to the family room to continue the rearrangement and catch the tail end of a Bob Costas interview with accused sex offender and former Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky. This will remind me of the post that I started to write about my reaction to the scandal prompting me to abandon the family room again to attempt to finish my Penn State post. 

Once seated in front of the computer, the Mellow-Monkey will likely decide that he is sick of the swing and needs to be fed RIGHT NOW and so I'll return to the family room. 

The quiet act of feeding Mellow-Monkey will give me time to drift...off...to....

"Mom!" Middle-Monkey will be standing in front of me, smiling.  "You fell asleep!" 

At this point, I'll look at the clock and realize that it is 6:39AM and I still have to shower, make lunches, and get everyone ready for school.

The family room will remain disheveled, the blog posts unwritten, and my mind will still swim with ideas.  I will drink four more cups of coffee and I'll try again tomorrow. 

3 comments:

  1. There are fifty million reasons why I will never have kids. But mostly, I just have no clue how you guys do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I have only one little monkey and can totally relate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you so much and miss everything about you :)

    ReplyDelete