Thursday, September 30, 2010

Old habits die hard.

In an effort to streamline the usual morning activities I decided to take out medications for the various members of my family and place them on the counter.  This includes the latest medication for my 8 year old dog, Jersey, (Part black lab, part greyhound, part neurotic old lady) who was recently diagnosed with an underactive thyroid.

As I fumbled around the kitchen preparing my coffee and cursing myself repeatedly for having a.) forgotten to set the alarm b.) eaten that pint of Ben & Jerry's and c.) not appreciated my body when it was thin, I wrapped Jersey's pill in EVIL white bread creating a "bread ball" if you will. 

I set the bread ball down and kissed my husband goodbye - the real blame for the unset alarm falls squarely on his shoulders, but whatever.  I walked him to the door and we both swore (AGAIN) that we are NOT ORDERING PIZZA TONIGHT.  Regardless of the fact that it is raining and soccer will surely be cancelled and there is REALLY good TV on tonight....I digress.

I shuffle back to the kitchen, call Jersey over to get her meds (she has more than any of us) and THANKFULLY glance down to find her thyroid pill still laying on the counter.  Hmm....I remember putting something in this bread ball. 

I pull open the doughy clump to find my anti-depressant resting neatly inside. 

I pop the pill in to my mouth, take a swig of coffee and then laugh hysterically. 

"So...Jersey's thyroid condition hasn't improved but she doesn't really seem to give a shit."

and this is how my day begins....but it can only go up from here????

That remains to be seen:)

2 comments:

  1. This Frankie not erin apparently I registered under her name not mine and can't figure out how to do it now.

    Just so everyone knows that was the best day of my life. I loved Erin was already getting married and now a baby how AWESOME is that!
    Remember I am 4 years older than Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SNort. That's totally something I would do.

    ReplyDelete